Saturday, July 23, 2016

Wiens Music Studio


One of my most recent projects was for Heidi Wiens, a music teacher that has her own private music studio in Olathe. This is one of the multiple projects I've done over this summer and the most extensive. I designed both a website and a logo to be used for her studio.




I designed the basic layout of the site using Weebly, a program that I've used before. I then edited CSS on the site to make some minor adjustments. One of the biggest issues I had with the site was the tabs bar, which was originally dark gray. To match it with the logo, I changed it to black, increased the widths of the tabs and centered them to match the style of the logo and text above it.I also changed the 'selected' tab color to light gray to match the text color of the font below it on each page.





I also did some adjustments in the CSS on the mobile version of the site, changing the header bar to black and changing the tabs text to white.




In addition to the website, I created a new logo for the studio. I created a circular design, warped the text to match the curvature of the exterior shape, and placed the treble clef in the center of the design.




There is also a design where the black and white is inverted, however, this design isn't used on the website.





2 comments:

  1. Hey, have you thought about making your background image a paralax video?? It is trending and a great way to capture your target audience by standing out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I just haven't found any video that I think would fit my blog yet. I am working on a new portfolio website right now and I really have a cool pattern background. I also added a parallax effect to it so it looks pretty cool when you scroll through the site.

      Delete