Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Weekly Blog 7: Premiere CC vs. Final Cut Pro X

This week has been pretty busy in e-Comm. In terms of technical improvement, this week, I started using Premiere for the Late Night highlight video. It is definitely very different than Final Cut; however, Haden has been helping me with shortcuts and settings to make Premiere as similar as possible to Final Cut. First, I updated the keyboard shortcuts to reflect those of Final Cut (I also changed some more shortcuts to match Final Cut even better, such as"v" for disabling a clip).




I've been able to mimic Premiere's layout to closely resemble Final Cut's, and overall, the layout is not a problem for me. You can see this by comparing my Premiere workspace and my Final Cut workspace.

The biggest difference between Premiere and Final Cut, however, is the timeline. Final Cut uses a magnetic timeline, which I absolutely love; however, Premiere does not have this feature. I looked up how to mimic this feature in Premiere, and there is a solution: holding "command" while bringing the clip into the timeline will stick it in between clips. However, this solution isn't perfect. As audio tracks are not linked up with video clips the same way as Final Cut, audio clips will get cut wherever the new clip is put in. Overall, I still prefer Final Cut over Premiere, but I'll continue to try to adapt to Premiere as best as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment