Thursday, February 18, 2016

Printed Business Cards


Our business cards finally arrived today, and I am very happy with how mine turned out. We received two versions, the one that had been cut and the one that still included the bleed and trim marks so we could see the differences from the print file to the actual finished product. Here's what mine looks like.

I was very curious with the entire process from Illustrator to print. Due to printing and cutting mishaps that can occur during the process, we added a .25-inch bleed. This was not important on the front of my card per se, since the background is white as well as the paper, but it was especially important on the back of my card. If I had only extended the black background to the edge of the actual size of the card, then it may have been cut off if it wasn't cut exactly on the trim marks, and a small bit of white may have been showing on one or more of the edges. However, as you can see in the third picture, I extended the black background past the trim marks, leaving room for error on the part of the print shop.









No comments:

Post a Comment