Monday, September 11, 2017

Creating the Graphics for the Raven Daily


This year, we decided to revamp the graphics for the Raven Daily. This included all of the graphics for ONW Now, the Raven Minute, and our live broadcasts.

Before this year, we had a Raven Daily logo; however, it included gray, which is not one of our school colors. I decided to redesign it to fit our overall look better.



This is the original logo. The 'R' and 'D' are both split by color and connected by shape. I really liked the design, so I decided to still implement it into the updated logo.





The new logo implements the ONW blue color in the background, and still uses the same shape as the old Raven Daily logo. To separate the letters, I added spacing rather than a color change, and the slight change in blue hue in the background matches the rest of our graphics for ONW Now. 

The ONW Now logo was already completed last year, but it was time to update the rest of the ONW Now graphics. 





We also had a wordmark, so I decided to create a Raven Daily wordmark to match the ONW Now one.



For the actual show, I updated the ticker and swapped out the ONW Now logo in the lower right with the Raven Daily logo.





Compare that to last year's design, which had a gray and black design for the ticker, rather than ONW blue colors.




I then turned my attention to sports graphics. I needed to design three different templates: one for soccer, one for football, and one for basketball. I based my soccer and football designs off of CBS Sports, and used the 2017 NBA Finals graphics as my template for basketball.








For soccer and football, scores go in the slightly darker square to the right of the logo and team name. For basketball, it goes on the far right of the rectangle for its respective team. The quarter/half text goes inside the dark blue-gray rectangle on all three, and for the game clock, we point a camera at the scoreboard and size it down to fit the on-screen scoreboard.





No comments:

Post a Comment