Friday, October 13, 2017

Weekly Blog 4: Article Review

This week I picked a sports article for our weekly blog highlighting Syracuse's upset over Clemson. The article includes a video player which shows a touchdown highlight from the game, and it includes a slideshow at the end of the article. The first paragraph is a basic overview, describing Syracuse's offensive performance and the negative impact the game will have on Clemson's playoff chances. Then, the author splits paragraphs to talk about Clemson and Syracuse's recent history, and then goes into discussing the game and important plays throughout.

I think the author did a nice job of incorporating every aspect of these two teams into the article. Not only did he talk about the game itself, he drew on earlier events with the two teams to explain how they should continue with the season moving forward.

I would have like to have seen full game highlights in the video player rather than just the one touchdown. Other than that, I thought the article was detailed and organized well. I appreciated the links to box scores and related articles.

If I end up doing any sports articles, I'd like to implement what he did in this one - add detail and both pictures and video for the article. The writing itself is done very well and I'm sure that in the professional industry it's important to produce a well-written article as quickly as possible.

In terms of time, I spent Monday mostly working on the new commons updates video, and on Tuesday, I worked on the scoreboard graphic for the football game and made sure that all of the footage and files from the GSA story were being kept to potentially re-edit and submit the package to eMagine this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment